- 150 g Acadiana Soy extra firm tofu
- 30 ml tamari or soy sauce (2 T)
- 1 ml 4-6 drops liquid smoke (about 1/8 tsp or less)
- 2 ml sriracha (about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp)
- 30 ml olive oil (2T)
- 115 g raw cashews (3/4 cup)
- 125 ml non-dairy milk (1/2 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 30 ml nutritional yeast (2T)
- 15 ml lemon juice (1T)
- 1 ml black salt (kala namak) (1/8 tsp)
- 225 g spaghetti or linguine
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion,diced
- 1 zucchini, spiraled (optional)
- 125 ml Joie de Vivre
Pour a glass of Joie de Vivre
Facon (Veggie Bacon) Mix together tamari, liquid smoke and sriracha sauce. Thinly slice tofu and marinate in tamari mixture for 10 minutes (or longer if you want to make in advance).
Sauce Make sauce while faken is marinating. Add cashews, milk, 1 cloves of garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and black salt to a food processor or blender, blend until smooth.
Heat a pan on medium, add oil, fry the faken (marinated tofu) until crisp. Remove.
Vegetables In same pan as the faken was cooked, add more oil if needed. Add onion, mushrooms, and the rest of the garlic and sauté until onion starts to caramelize. (Optional - add spiralized zucchini). Break up faken and add to vegetable mixture. Add wine and sauté until evaporated.
While the faken is cooking boil water. Cook spaghetti while vegetables are cooking. Reserve 125ml (1/2 cup) of pasta water.
Add sauce and vegetable mixture to spaghetti, toss to combine (add some pasta water for a thinner sauce). Serve immediately.
Optional - spiralize zucchini and add to vegetables while they are sautéing.
Serve with salad or seasonal roasted vegetables.
Pour another glass of Joie de Vivre and enjoy!